Sunday, December 12, 2010

Fool Proof Microwave Fudge


18 oz semi sweet chocolate chips
dash of salt
1 can sweetened condensed milk
2 cups miniature marshmallows
1 1/2 t. vanilla
1 cup walnuts coarsely chopped

Layer first four ingredients in a glass bowl in the order they are listed. Microwave on HI for 3 minutes until chips melt and mixture is smooth. The marshmallows may not be entirely melted and this is okay. Using a rubber spatula fold in the nuts (optional) and the vanilla.

Pour into an 8X8 square pan that has been lined with wax paper.

Let cool in the fridge for at least 2 hours until firm. Turn onto a cutting board, peel off paper and cut into 2" squares. Store loosely covered at room temperature.

Makes about 2 pounds or 32 pieces. I love the nuts but my family doesn't...so I make two batches, one with nuts and one without. The original recipe says that marshmallows are optional but I wouldn't make it without the marshmallows.

2 comments:

  1. :) Microwave fudge is probably the only kind of fudge that is possible for me this holiday season - I'm excited to give it a try!

    ReplyDelete