Thursday, January 20, 2011

Cowboy Chocolate Chip Cookies


1 3/4 cups sugar
1 3/4 cups brown sugar
2 cups butter flavored shortening (do not substitute)
4 large eggs
1/2 t. water (if not using large eggs)
4 1/4 cups flour
1/2 t. baking powder
2 t. baking soda
2 t. salt
1 t. vanilla
2 1/2 cups oats
chocolate chips/butterscotch chips

Cream sugars, shortening, eggs and water. Sift dry ingredients and add to creamed mixture. Stir in oatmeal, vanilla, and chips. Scoop onto cookie sheet and bake 350 degrees for 10 minutes.

Makes a lot!

I have no idea where I got this recipe, I've had it for so long. It's the cookie that my kids grew up on and it's the cookie that we always come back to.

I like it best made with 1/2 bag of Guittard maxi milk chocolate chips, 1/2 bag of semi sweet chocolate chips, 1/2 bag of butterscotch chips (or not).

1 comment:

  1. mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm chocolate chip cookies are my fav

    ReplyDelete