Sunday, August 8, 2010

Kiwi-Strawberry and Spinach Salad



12 cups torn fresh spinach
2 pints fresh strawberries, sliced or halved
4 kiwifruit, peeled and cut into 1/4 inch slices
1/3 c. sugar
1/4 c. canola oil
1/4 c. raspberry vinegar
1/4 t. paprika
1/4 t. Worcestershire sauce
2 green onions, chopped
2 T. sesame seeds, toasted (or not)
1 T. poppy seeds

In a large bowl, combine the spinach and strawberries and kiwi. In a blender or food processor, combine the sugar, oil, vinegar, paprika and Worcestershire sauce; cover and process for 30 seconds. Add onions, sesame seeds and poppy seeds. Pour over salad and toss to coat. Serve immediately.

*Great turned in to a main dish by serving with grilled chicken and extra dressing for dip. Also great with chopped chicken just thrown into the salad.

*A salad never is rocket science so I never measure anything but the dressing ingredients. I also make this with Romaine lettuce thrown in with the spinach. For the raspberry vinegar I use this Ken's Raspberry Walnut Vinaigrette. YUMMY!

No comments:

Post a Comment