When you haven't been grocery shopping with a menu in a very long time (like me). You make things you might not consider otherwise. This is one of those "otherwise" recipes. All healthy ingredients (which was my first priority), very easy to make (my other first priority) and in spite of the non-traditional ingredients surprisingly good!
I'll make these again.
Here's what the filling looked like before rolling them up. Kind of pretty huh?
I'm not a huge fan of whole wheat tortillas but I found a La Flor whole wheat uncooked tortilla at Macey's that is pretty good.
And here is what mine looked like while I was eating it.
These were very filling. You could totally fatten these up with cheese and sour cream or a number of other traditional burrito ingredients but not me...not today. I'm trying to behave in the cholesterol, fat, whole food category and recipes like this make it easy.
Ingredients
1 medium green pepper, chopped (I used a mixture of red and green)
1 medium zucchini, chopped
12 oz. chicken breast, cooked, skinless, cubed
1 cup frozen corn kernels, thawed or fresh
1/2 small onion, minced
1/2 cup fat free sour cream
1/2 t. cumin
1/2 t. chili powder
4 T green sauce (optional but so good)
6 flour tortillas
2 cups salsa
Instructions
Preheat the oven to 350 F
In a nonstick pan, lightly saute pepper and onion until slightly cooked, about 3 to 4 minutes.
Add the zucchini, chicken, corn, green sauce and saute for 1 - 2 minutes more. Do NOT overcook. Nobody likes mushy zucchini!
Add the cumin, chili powder and sour cream.
Divide mixture among 6 tortillas. Fold in sides and roll closed. Place opening-side down in a baking pan, cover burritos with salsa. Bake until tortillas begin to brown and filling warms through, 15 - 20 minutes.
Serves 6
8 points-4 of those are the tortilla


No comments:
Post a Comment